This page presents a part of my research projects during my Ph.D. program.
Speech-to-Speech (S2S) System
Goal: Building robust, widely-deployable and cost-effective solutions (S2S systems) enhancing cross-lingual spoken language interaction
My Work: Text-To-Speech (TTS)
- Developing parametric speech synthesis systems for English and Mexican Spanish
Emotional Speech Production
Goal: Analysis, modeling, and synthesis of emotional speech production system.
My Work: Project lead
- Data acquisition and processing for emotional speech using real-time Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) technology and ElectroMagnetic Articulography (EMA)
- Analysis of prosody, articulatory movement, and their interrelationship for emotion expression
- Computational modeling of emotional speech production system and simulation
Goal: Developing online emotion recognition system from speech
My Work: System and model development
- Porting i-vector extraction from KALDI to Barista.
- Model training and system evaluation using KALDI (off-line) and Barista implementation (on-line)
- Developing online speaker diarization system for KALDI